Hotel Monterey PLC (hereafter "The Company"), recognizes the importance of its guests' trust and satisfaction. To this end, we believe that we have a responsibility to do our utmost to protect your personal information (address, name, email address, telephone number and other distinct personal data) that is stored on our files. In regard to the personal information collected on The Company's website, we recognize that it is personal information and adopt the policies outlined below as a basis for dealing with this information.
Type of information we collect
For the following situations, we collect guest information such as address, name, email address and telephone number through our website:
- Reservations, cancellations and confirmations
- Participation in prize draws, online surveys, etc
- Reservations for wedding fares and other hotel events
- Membership application, modification, confirmation of details
- Inquiries and requests for brochures
- Other (note: the type of personal information and reason for collection will be made clear for cases other than those stated above)
Purpose of data collection
In order to protect your privacy, the personal data collected through our website will be used only for the purposes stated below:
- To process and confirm your reservation requests and any related items
- To contact you regarding your enquiries and keep records of the details
- To process and send emails for members about related services
- To contact guests in the event of an emergency / with urgent information
- To deliver prizes or other goods to customers
- To consult with customers (if have prior agreement) regarding ways to improve The Company website or other Hotel Monterey Group services
Scope of personal information obtained
The Company collects the minimum amount of personal information necessary to carry out its services effectively and efficiently; any information falling outside of this scope shall be submitted voluntarily. (Any information that falls within this scope will be marked or made clear to the customer.)
Protection of personal information
The data submitted by customers through The Company's website will be stored on databases to be accessed only by authorized personnel. We strictly manage your personal information and implement all reasonable measures against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, tampering and leak.
Disclosure of personal information
We respect the privacy of your personal information and will only release it to a 3rd party in the following circumstances:
- Necessary access by assigned contractors for system administration, maintenance or repair work
- Prior consent has been received from the customer
- Under the instruction of a court of law or by the governing laws of Japan
About SSL encryption
The Company's website uses SSL to protect your personal information, sending it by encrypted methods over the internet. In order to confirm that the server receiving the data is related to Hotel Monterey Group it is necessary to request the digital server identification.
Customer access logs
The Company's website stores access information on its access log. This information includes the domain name, IP address, browser name, date of access and so on, but not information that may identify you personally. This data is used for website system administration, security, analysis, and improvement. It is not used for other purposes; except in rare instances it may be used to prevent or deter criminal activity.
Personal information obtained from external links
The Company website sometimes contains links to external websites to introduce services, products or information. Please be aware that The Company accepts no responsibility for any personal information that may be obtained from visiting these sites, and that the choice to visit these sites and any ensuing issues resulting from clicking on links to external sites rests entirely with the customer.
Access, confirmation and deletion of personal information
If you would like to make a request to access, amend or delete anything related to your personal information, please refer to the Inquiries section below. In this event, your personal identification information will be necessary. If we receive a request for changes or deletion of personal information, the updates to the database can only be performed by the appropriate administrator who has permission to access and alter the database.
For inquiries regarding privacy / personal information related to The Company's website, please contact:
Hotel Monterey PLC Sales Division
SF Ginza Building 5F, Ginza 2-11-15, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0061
Date of initial legislation: March 31st, 2005
Date of ammendment: April 1st, 2007
Hotel Monterey PLC
President Hiroyuki Yamamoto